Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 6 - A Little Favor



"So, how are things with you and Olivia?" Cassie asked. "The room-mate thing working out alright."

"Weird," Jenny replied. "Really, really weird... but not terrible. "
Zt7vIhX.png

"So, you're a witch," Jenny continued. "Like, really an actual witch. It's not just a stage gimmick."

"Pretty much," Cassie smiled. "Everyone just assumes it's a gimmick and I don't do anything to dissuade them."
ulVNR55.png

"I'm sorry Miranda couldn't join us," Cassie said.
TSZdVmj.png

"She's enjoying GeekCon."
Vakt0wX.png

"Last year was hard on her," Cassie added thoughtfully. "I thought she needed to do something fun..."
dhnO2ty.png

"That's OK," Jenny replied. "She should get to enjoy herself."
JbUJFUE.png

"I was hoping to ask you a favor," Jenny looked hopeful.
iI6yaW0.png

"There is this couple I know - Chris and Mandi. He's in the business, trying to make it doing comedy."
NG0DRGK.png

"Well, I was talking to them about the strange things that happened in my apartment and Chris mentioned that weird things happened in their house too..."
XXBcUSh.png

"I wondered if you could..." Jenny stopped, worried she was asking too much.

"You know I'm not really a professional ghost hunter," Cassie chided.

"I know," Jenny sighed. "I'm sorry. I just don't know who else to ask."

"Well," Cassie smiled. "Let me look into it and I'll let you know."
6I3Hnly.png

"So," Gwen purred. "Miranda had fun at GeekCon. She wore herself out... and now she's asleep..."
iTVB99X.png

"... and you're really focused on whatever you're doing," she chuckled.

"Sorry," Cassie looked startled. "Jenny asked me to look into another haunted house..."
OaThven.png

"So, you're switching careers from actress to ghost hunter?" Gwen asked.

"No," Cassie replied, "but I told her I'd look into it...
sMv3cHH.png

"...then she told me the address."

"Oh," Gwen gasped. "I see."
JWBgddC.png

"What am I going to do?" Cassie sighed.

"Come to bed," Gwen answered. "Sleep on it. Decide in the morning."
cL1OT68.png

"Miranda," Cassie found her the morning as she got ready for her day. "I might be going into the Valley today, to help some of Jenny's friends... they may have a ghost."

"Really," Miranda looked interested. "Could I come along?"

"This one might be... difficult," Cassie said.
qVFUEPY.png

"OK,vague and mysterious lesson time..." Cassie sighed, "Do you feel like you should come along? Think hard about this."

"Yes," Miranda replied after a moment.
xavnPqr.png

"Jenny?" Cassie said into the phone. "Yes, we'll meet you there this afternoon... after Miranda finishes school."

"Lame, mom," Miranda smiled.
woaFBav.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...