Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 33 - Brookside Academy



Dear Mariah,
Hi from Brookside Academy! Sorry I haven't called, but the phones aren't working again. Can't email either, b/c no computer. I'm living in the Dark Ages here! So, you'll have to settle for a hand-written letter delivered by magical sprite. If you saw her (could you see her?) that was Bluebell.
Awt5ueC.png

Anyway, settling in OK here. Was a little worried about the whole boarding school thing. The last time I was away from home this long involved vampire attacks, sleeping in bushes and finally hiding out with a pack of werewolves for half a year.

A nice bed in an old house that's a boarding school for a bunch of witches is... OK, so my life is weird.
omxmtjz.png

The school part is pretty normal...
3jvDrSY.png

... lots of studying.
rtPzKhi.png

Homework is homework, where ever you are.
Du4fsdY.png

Our teachers are Ms Anansi and Mr Collett. They live at the school too.
cdgyviR.png

Ms Anasi teaches most of our actual classes... math, language arts, alchemy... that kind of stuff.
biRU0ts.png

Mr Collett does more one on one tutoring.
xgHRyBh.png

Shannon (I told you about Shannon, right?) thinks the teachers have a thing going. I don't know.
0oTtd1j.png

The living-at-school part isn't so bad. We've got time to pursue our own interests.
vbDCDF9.png

I've joined the local community theater group, which is a lot of fun. You were right. I've got the acting bug.
pbkKty3.png

We also do chores.
rr95JLC.png

I get stuck with the cooking a lot. Everyone says I'm good at it, so I guess it's sort of a compliment.
ye7eGcN.png

I told you about my roommate Claudette...
4vhMm8u.png

It's weird, sharing a room with someone. I didn't even do that when I was with the Collective. But we get along really well.
bNeHvs1.png

I told you the other girls were being kind of stuck up around her. Well, not anymore.

It turns out magical dueling is considered a good way to practice our skills...
D2TO1h1.png

zjCrP77.pngizS1RpQ.png

... and Claudette is a very good duelist.
BzqI3n0.png

BBXxsAA.png
jmCKzUu.png

She's almost unbeatable.
bQfdJvX.png

YmWPWJ8.png
ZTeXXoX.png
SBFjDjP.png

So, yeah... It's turning out OK. Pretty normal for my weird life, at least.

Anyway, I hope you're doing OK. Say hi to Tomi and Angelo for me (be nice).

I'll try to call when I can get a signal again.
All my best,
Miranda

V4ZvaDI.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...