Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 3 - Starlight and Dreams



OK, Miranda thought, the Starlight Accolades... I'm at the Starlight Accolades.
4tpd3uR.png

Exclusive venue, top celebrities, biggest night of the season. No big deal. I'm here to support mom.
oQa6siM.png

"So, this is kind of neat," Cassie grinned. "I've actually never been to one of these."

"It's OK," Miranda said. "You think you'll win something?"
tBBQJfY.png

I'm cool, Miranda thought. Celebrities are just peop... Oh. My. GOD!

"Hi, Thorne," Cassie said, grinning inwardly.

"Evening, Cassie," the musical star smiled back.
q7YADmR.png

Get a hold of yourself, Miranda thought firmly. Watch the show. Ignore the superstar.
b4JXy6S.png

Award for most boring speech, Miranda groaned.
tQvWnP4.png

Award for being dumb enough to wear blue shoes with a brown jacket.
cYoKqeI.png

I mean, you're a rich star right... buy some socks.
DlH4Zc4.png

And another... oh my God...
PFptVKG.png
Spoiler
"Mom, that's Danielle Chabert, the romance novelist" Miranda gasped, a little more loudly than she intended. "I love her..."
xwPRfjj.png

"I mean, Beth," Miranda corrected quickly, "Beth loves her novels. I haven't... I mean, I maybe read a couple... because Beth..."
lrKDAru.png

"I'll tell her... your fiend... enjoys her work," Londyn said with a grin.
9zgrMYI.png

While Miranda tried to remember or, failing that, invent a spell for invisibility, Cassie found herself called to the stage to accept her own award, for her new album, Moonlight on the Brook.
XODELHj.png

"I want to thank everyone who made this possible," Cassie said. "I especially want to thank my wonderful wife, Gwen, for her support and my perpetually embarrassed daughter, for her tolerance."
g7Uh5Ei.png

Later...

"Good press is always better than a good performance, I suppose..."
f0ybbVU.png

"... and good looks count for so much. She hasn't aged a day in almost twenty years... Eternal youth and beauty."
zw9L6uE.png

"We shall have to see about that..."
HlJmf4E.png

"... little Raven Witch."
HVQGk9c.png

With special thanks to @DaniRose2143 for letting me have Danielle and Londyn from the wonderful Under The Tartosan Sun make this little cameo. They may show up again. - L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...