Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Wyrd Girls - a modern fantasy story

Wyrd Girls is an interesting experiment. It started as a game of The Sims 4 which I was playing. Me being me, I started weaving a narrative behind the little digital people in their world. After a while, I discovered that other people do this as well and many of them posted their stories on the official Sims forums. So, I decided to start doing that as well, first in a shared thread called What Happened in Your Game Today and later, as the story grew, in a thread of my own. 

For various reasons, I started thinking about expanding out into posting a blog instead but held off because actually had a few loyal readers. Now, various circumstances have encouraged me to make the leap anyway.

One of the reasons I have chosen to move to a blog is that it gives me some increased freedom. The official forums adhere strictly to a games T rating. Between certain game mods and my own narrative style, I don't. 

Wyrd Girls here will contain mature themes, coarse language, dramatic violence, sexual situations and nudity. I'm not looking to produce anything too scandalous here. Don't expect Game of Thrones levels of explicit sex and violence. If this was a movie, I'd be aiming for PG-13 (but might land on R just because the MPAA doesn't like naked people). 

I've brought over all of the original forum posts, more or less as they were (though I'll probably make some mild edits) and I'll continue the story here.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...