Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Interlude - The Witch and the Spy



On a secluded beach in Tartosa...

"I'm glad you agreed to meet with me," Gwen said.

"I owe Bella Goth a few favors," the Woman in Black replied. "She said you were looking for information."
RyTHJVA.png

"I know the Agency has been keeping on eye on the fall out since Bella broke up the Landgraab crime ring," Gwen said, "and I know that some of you know enough about what moves in the deeper shadows behind the ones you live in. I need to know what's happening and you see things I don't."
ncWtSXx.png

"Interesting," the Woman in Black said, "so there are limits to the famed clairvoyance of the White Witch of Glimmerbrook."

"There are shadows I cannot look into," Gwen agreed, "and choices I cannot see beyond."
KWBrH52.png

"Well, there may be a few things I can tell," the Woman in Black allowed. "First, don't count the Landgraabs out yet. They may be indicted, but they're not convicted. Their organization still exists even if it's seriously weakened."
nt8u09S.png

"The other crime families have started to move i," she continued. "Nick Alto appears to be rising as the new boss."
ZDvuEgM.png

"But I expect what you really want to know concerns those deeper shadows. The Vatores were the leaders for taking over that community..."
htl7eFT.png

"... but there seems to be another player as well. One who is rallying Straud's surviving followers, along with others who don't agree with the Vatores dietary limitations."
rVR8k2k.png

"We don't know much about her or just how influential she is becoming, yet."
ThcXV8N.png

"That's all I can give you, for now," she concluded. "Perhaps we can exchange information, as we each learn more."

"Perhaps," Gwen said carefully.
HeQMrl8.png

"It was good to see you again, Liberty," Gwen added as they parted.

"You too, Gwen," Director Lee-Rossi nodded.
BtOqCBL.png

With thanks to @DaniRose2143 and Under the Tartosan Sun for Liberty Lee, secret agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...