Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 11 - The Full Moon



It had been an eventful day, Miranda thought. Despite her initial worries, this seemed to be nice, quiet place where she could rest for a while. She headed for her new room, looking forward to a good nights sleep in a real bed.
sCRJhQ6.png

The Volkov's seemed like decent people. Maybe a bit "aging hippy" but that was OK...

...nothing to worry about.
nMcGz1U.png

The Moonwood Collective gathered once again...
7NJoFYC.png

...and howled together at the bright, full moon.
m0NBBF0.png

Miranda woke, startled by the noise. She didn't remember the Volkovs having dogs. More curious than anything, she stuck her head out to see what was going on.

"Hey guys wha.... ummm... Kris... toph...er?"
twpsMr7.png

"Heh... Jake what's..."
ivJYQhG.png

"Yeah... No. Really... just no!"
C0N9Lnz.png

jxdr6cn.png

"Miranda, wait!" Jake roared as the bolt slammed home, locking him out.
tlqR0eg.png

In the morning, Jake waited outside her door.

"Look, I'm sorry if we... umm... let me explain..."
JvFqsWn.png

Maybe it was her scent... so strange and intoxicating, like nothing he'd ever known before... or maybe it was just that she was in her underwear but suddenly Jake couldn't seem to remember how sentences worked.
3GaKgSC.png

Whatever the reason, his first serious attempt at werewolf diplomacy was a complete failure.

"Werewolves!" Miranda said. "I finally find 'where I need to be' and you're a bunch of werewolves! Like I don't have enough to deal with in my life!"
X1l0RM0.png

Later, and a bit calmer, Miranda sat down with Kristopher.

"I'm sorry we didn't give you more of a warning," he said. "We didn't want to overwhelm you... and I admit, in hindsight, that was a mistake."
3unUZc4.png

"Everything we told you is true... the Moonwood Collective is dedicated to self-sufficiency and peace. We offer a place to those who are lost and displaced, like you. We also happen to be werewolves."
sRBecPH.png

"OK... I'm sorry I freaked out," Miranda said to Jake later. "Werewolves... well, I guess that makes a kind of sense. Maybe this is really is where I need to be right now."
jOZMGiO.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...