Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 30 - Date With A Vampire



"Xander! I wasn't sure you'd come," Morgan was secretly embarrassed how happy she was to see him. He was... well, maybe alive wasn't the right word but he looked a lot closer to it than he had when Lilith took him away after that horrible night.
cSkA1qN.png


"I'm sorry it's been so long," Xander said. "There were a lot of things I... I needed to get a handle on. But I never stopped thinking about you."
4nCMTQp.png

"Hey, let's go inside," he continued, "It's a little bright out here for me."

"Sure," Morgan sighed. "Absolutely."
gLdYf7a.png

Sitting the club, listening to Xander explain at least some of his new life, Morgan wondered if she could really handle this.
7KN10qk.png

I mean this guy's a vampire, she thought to herself, a genuine, bloodsucking vampire. It was one thing to know vampires were real, to even be on kind of understanding terms with one... but this. She was carrying his baby, for Pete's sake! Could she really make a life with a vampire?
yzIJV5Y.png

... but when they started talking about the latest update to The R.E.F.U.G.E, which had only totally messed up her perfect strategy, she realized...
VUvNS1p.png

He was Xander - the same cute, smart geek she'd fallen for.
Ki0ERAq.png

OK, so he's a vampire, she thought. I can maybe handle that. Right?
GnAQ1bi.png

The door wasn't a barrier.

She didn't hear him come in...
ehrsr6E.png

"Hey Morgan, how old is that fruitcake?"

"Xander!" she shrieked. "Don't startle me like that! What are you doing here?"
lkFPN6x.png

"So... Lilith says I should be able to handle things on my own," Xander replied. "I can come home. If... if you'll have me."
Nl8GxtJ.png

"Hey, what not," Morgan grinned. "I've been with worse guys."
rFU9Esj.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...