Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Interlude - A Little Victory



"Oh, Hi Morgan," Cassie said into her phone. "How are... what? When? Oh my God! When can we come over?"
XEaHbK5.png

"Hmmm?" Gwen queried wordlessly.

"It's a boy," Cassie replied, stunned.
031cdXe.png

"Congratulations, dear," Bella said.

"Thank you," Morgan grinned. "We're just so happy."
89oiDN1.png

"Honestly, I was starting to think I was going to be pregnant forever..."
w24AsfX.png

"I mean, I felt like we were going to need a bigger mansion!" Morgan laughed.
hT5dbts.png

"I remember that feeling well," Cassie grinned, "but you looked great."
GMk7dSQ.png

"So Bella," Cassie turned to her step-mother, "should we finally start calling you Grandma Goth now?"

"I still have friends in the Agency, Cassandra," Bella smiled back. "It would be shame if you disappeared again."

Cassie laughed, "I'm going to go meet my nephew."
HyFtznY.png

"Well, hello there."
4iy0AYe.png

"Welcome to this strange family, little Victor Goth."
ep79ABV.png

"Boo doo doo boo," Gwen babbled at the little baby.
o8Wc5QY.png

"I don't get why otherwise intelligent people become babbling idiots around babies," Miranda declared.
pWXUDD1.png

"Oh do bo ba ba."
q6VFVN8.png

"Are you guys going to get someone to help with him?" Cassie asked.

"I'm going to stay home," Morgan replied. "and Xander has some... ideas..."
jCSNOAg.png

"He's been tinkering..."
Z7oE6PY.png

"... and he says he's upgraded Talos, his robot, with 'nanny protocols'"
hW8Hpam.png

"Actually," Morgan continued, "Talos has been really good to have around..."
7L0Ekws.png

"... and he seems really interested in the baby. It might work."
jRbiorv.png

"Well, you let us know if we can help with anything," Cassie said.

Miranda turned to Bella, "Mom told me you'd moved to Oasis Springs."

"I wanted to give Alexander and Morgan some space," Bella replied. "This is their house now... but Morgan you know I'll help out in any way I can too."

"Of course. Thank you, all," Morgan said.
RmFInqh.png

"Bella," Gwen stopped her as they were leaving, "you do still have friends in the Agency, don't you?"

"I was joking," Bella said firmly. "You know I wouldn't..."

"No, of course not," Gwen smiled thinly, "but you do still have friends."

"Some," Bella allowed cautiously.

"I wondered if you could ask a few discrete questions for me..."
SxQSI5N.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...