Saturday, October 22, 2022

Chapter 41 - Captivity

 "Boss, I brought the blonde like you wanted," Wolfgang grunted.



"Max," Jenny cried, "what's going on? I don't understand. One minute we're having a good time, then you're talking about plans and Miranda collapses and Wolfgang rushes us all into the van... but we come here? Where are we? What are you doing?"


"It's simple, babe," Max laughed, "you were cover, so I could get close enough to grab the kid without Mommy White pickin' us up on her psychic voodoo radar. Plus, added bonus, you lured her out to the club... so the cops are probably be lookin' at you instead of me."

"Oh God," Jenny sobbed, "I... I thought you cared about me?"




 __________________________________

"Good, you're awake," Claudette said sharply.

"Claudette?" Miranda was confused, her head still fogged from the sleeping charm. "What's going on?"


"Drink this," Claudette commanded.

"What is it?" Miranda asked.

"Just drink it," Claudett snapped, "or they'll hold you down and pour it down your throat."


"Oh God," Miranda groaned. "I feel sick."

"You will," Claudette nodded. "It's a side effect. The potion suppresses your magic. You won't be able to cast anything until it wears off... and you'll drink it as long as we're holding you, or they'll hurt you and force you to drink it. So don't try to resist."




"Why are you doing this?" Miranda asked. "Are they threatening you?!"

"You don't get it," Claudette snapped. "This was the plan. This was always the plan! I infiltrated that stupid school, to get close to you. I seduced you to muddle your emotions, to confuse Gwen's Sight. Then, we lured outside Glimmerbrook, so they could grab you!" 

"Seduced me?" Miranda gasped. "Oh God, cherries! You used an allure potion, didn't you."

"... and it worked perfectly," Claudette replied coldly. "You never stood a chance."

"Why!" Miranda demanded, "Why are you doing this?"

"Why?" Claudette snapped, "Why? Because you're my enemy! The Guardians of the Watch... guard dogs for the Sages and the Old Families, upholding their tyranny! My Father raised me, and trained me, outside of their rules, their oppression. You stopped us once, but now you're going to pay for it!"



_______________________

"Jenny! Oh, I'm so glad you're OK"

"Oh God, Miranda," Jenny sobbed. "I'm so sorry, this is all  my fault."

"No, it's not," Miranda said firmly. "Don't worry, Jenny.  We'll be OK."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...