Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 23 - Afterward



Later...

"So, how have you been doing?" Miranda asked.

"I'm OK," Mariah replied. "Londyn and Danielle are being really supportive. They've also got me going to weekly counseling sessions, which is really... actually, they're not bad. I'm... working on things."
I1FxkWh.png


"Gwen came by a couple days ago," she continued.
S6ytKLs.png

"She had a lot to say about yoga and mediation and self-esteem exercises. Kind of like my therapist really, only cooler. She's like... wise... isn't she?"
douM4px.png

"Yeah well, she also talks to potted plants," Miranda said, "but mom and I think maybe the plants talk back to her, so..."
4WQy1YM.png

"So, what have you been up to?" Mariah asked.
mEJCgHE.png

"Working on my tan," Miranda said.
dNeCfa7.png

"Yoga, mediation, self-esteem exercises."
muunH77.png

"Seriously?" Mariah laughed.

"Hey, I live with her," Miranda smiled. "Beside, it takes a lot to be this cool."
24ENbMX.png

"You're not alone," Miranda added. "I'm working through stuff too."
NGdT6CJ.png

"So, I guess this is goodbye," Mariah said. "You guys are leaving soon aren't you?"

"Yeah, we are," Miranda sighed. "Gwen needs to get home and the studio wants mom to start working on some movie."
6JZ0lo9.png

"We're never going to see each again, are we" Mariah gasped, throwing her arms around Miranda.
tE5TZtB.png

"Of course we are," Miranda said. "We'll stay in touch and we'll find a way. We will."
sBMBhrK.png

"But we won't," Miranda ranted to Gwen that night, "will we? We'll email each other. Maybe call once in a while and then... I'll never see her again."
80c9RF5.png

"Was it just one of your wyrd things? I had to fall in love with her, so I could find her and talk her down off that bridge?"
uH3YqTw.png

"If that was true," Gwen said gently, "would it be so bad? You love her and, in loving her, you helped to save her."

"Yes!" Miranda cried. "No. I don't know!"
y22vF6A.png

"If it matters," Gwen continued thoughtfully, "I think you love her because you love her... just like she loves you. Will you see her again? I think so. Will you love each other forever? I don't know. We can't see all ends... and wouldn't it be terrible if we could."
8lMWuLh.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...