Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 11 - Mariah



"Oh my God, mom," Miranda said. "You didn't say your photo shoot was with Londyn Huntley... The Londyn Huntley! ... She's like a real actress."

"Thanks for that," Cassie smiled. "Anyway, Miranda this is Londyn's daughter Mariah."
kL56fi6.png

"Hey," the tough looking teen nodded to Miranda.

"Hi," Miranda replied.

"Well, I can see the two of you should get along wonderfully," Cassie chuckled, leaving the girls alone.
nxKiMye.png

"So," Miranda said, "you're Londyn's daughter? I thought she and Danielle..."

"Adopted," Mariah said. "My real mom lost custody 'cause she's basically horrible... and Dad split when I was little. So, Londyn and Daneille adopted me. Yeah, it's like a charity thing... but they're keeping it out of the press. I guess they want me to feel like normal. Actually, they're OK."
if9IgMX.png

"That's rough," Miranda replied. "My dad left my mom at the altar. She and Gwen raised me, but they've tried to keep me mostly out of the press a too. I don't know about normal... I haven't seen normal in a while..."

"Right, Mariah nodded. "The whole crime ring murder thing last year. Harsh."
0sxrqsl.png

"So," Mariah continued, "I guess you're cool. At least, we're both kind of messed up. What now?"
Xx8a13E.png

"Got a ball?" Miranda asked.

"Oh, I will crush you," Mariah laughed.
60UFcdT.png

"OK, if that was you crushing me," Miranda grinned.

"You got lucky," Mariah snarked.
GCcnrWr.png

"Afternoon, ladies," Gwen said as she stepped thought the gate.

"What are you doing here?" Miranda asked. "Oh, Mariah, this is Gwen... Gwen this is..."

"Mariah, Londyn and Danielle's daughter," Gwen smiled, "and I am here to hang out with two world-famous actors and a brilliant novelist. You ladies have fun."
0U6Q8Ca.png

"I don't know if she's being less weird or more weird," Miranda sighed.

"OoooK. Want to go inside?" Mariah asked.
StlpgDH.png

"You didn't?" Miranda laughed." Wow, I can't imagine.."

"Well, he had it coming." Mariah said.

"God, we've been talking for hours," Miranda smiled.
OkzUEwp.png

"I've got to admit," she continued, "when mom suggested I tag along I really thought about saying no... but I'm glad I didn't"

"Me too," Mariah said. "It's been really nice meeting you."
xUhNa3F.png

"Our parents seem to be getting along too," Miranda said.
acqiqHX.png

"I'm hanging out with some friends tomorrow," Mariah said. "You can come along, if you want."

"Sure," Miranda replied. "Sounds fun."
nYGQZxq.png

Once again, with thanks to @DaniRose2143 for the Wyrd Girls being about to meet Londyn and Danielle (well, possible-future versions of them anyway) from the excellent Under the Tartosan Sun. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...