Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 26 - Sapphire Shores



Much as Miranda wanted to play it cool, she had to admit that even a quick trip to a tropical island to shoot a movie was pretty exciting. Discovering that she'd have a friend there was even better.

"Jenny!" Miranda cheered. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm playing Lady Blanche, the ingenue ward of the wicked Countess," Jenny said proudly.
L5VorF7.png

"Honestly, I think you mom pulled some strings to get me the part," Jenny continued, "but I'm not going to complain. A supporting role in a major studio picture is a big step up from being the Salty Suds girl."

"You totally deserve the role," Miranda said. "Mom doesn't have that much pull with the studio."
VIla1oj.png

"Oh wow," Miranda added. "Judith Ward?"

"The wicked Countess herself," Jenny nodded, adding in a whisper, "That's also the part she's playing."

"I'm going to get out of sight," Miranda said. "Let's catch up inside."
WEQZteX.png

"Jenny," Cassie called the young actress over, "Have you met my other co-star Zayne?"

"No," Jenny smiled, "but I loved your work in Sixam Invaders."

"Hey, yeah," Zayne drawled, "that was a fun flick. Come by my room, I'd be happy to tell you all about it."

"Let's let Jenny settle in," Cassie interjected.
20Y9FSu.png

"Cool," Zayne grinned. "Looks like this could be a fun flick too."

Cassie smiled brittlely.
PLNtfRQ.png

And I thought he was creepy before he grew the beard, Cassie thought. Oh well, hopefully Jenny can take care of herself. Thank God Miranda is too young of him.
5lYyW38.png

OK, Miranda thought after unpacking, I'm in a fancy hotel room on a tropical island. This isn't so bad. I wonder how Jenny is settling in.
66o7z9l.png

Miranda found her friend on the deck outside her suite.

"Oh... ummm, sorry," Miranda stammered. "I didn't mean to..."

"No problem," Jenny replied drowsily. "I'm just getting a tan."

"You know you're not wearing anything, right?" Miranda asked.

Jenny nodded. "Tan lines are totally unprofessional."
WmZpo1Z.png

Leaving Jenny to her tan, Miranda changed into her swimsuit and decided to enjoy the water...
MiEEyKT.png

... and get a tan herself. An unprofessional one, she thought firmly.
E2XDU1c.png

Later, she and Jenny met up at the beach. Jenny filled Miranda in on her summer - life with a ghost, small acting gigs and a minor parade of boyfriends...
RhiJ6fP.png

... while Miranda filled Jenny in on her summer in Tartosa.
jdeM0co.png

Not far away...

"Yes sir, we have eyes on them. Yes sir, we will."
YpMo7IQ.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...