Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 25 - The Death of Alexander Goth



Elsa knocked tentatively on the door, unsure of her welcome.
tbFbIX6.png


"Elsa, it's good to see you," Xander said, pulling his ex into a warm embrace. "Are you OK?"

"Oh God," Elsa sobbed. "Why do you have to be so nice about it?

"I'm sorry?" Xander said with a sheepish grin. "I'm happy and I've been worried about you."

"Well, No," Elsa said. "No, I'm not OK..."

"Come, sit and talk to me."
b11nu5H.png

"It's funny," Elsa said. "We never talked when we were married, but you were the only person I could think of to talk to now."
BEJkV8O.png

"Are you still with Max?" Xander asked.

"Oh God... Max," Elsa took a deep breath. "He's horrible. He's a criminal, Xander. Not like some petty crook or anything... he's seriously involved in organized crime. He... he dragged me into it. He made me embezzle from the company."
9pZcBo0.png

"He made me do... horrible things. Xander, I'm so ashamed.
ekkzZmZ.png

"It's not your fault," Xander said soothingly.

"You don't know that," Elsa shook her head. "I'd try to fight him, sometimes. We'd argue... but I kept going back to him"
1VjrSYZ.png

"Are you going back to him now?" Xander asked.

"No," Elsa took a deep breath. "I'm not. I... I had a pregnancy scare. I couldn't bear the thought of having his baby... of bringing a child into that life. Worse, I wasn't even sure if it was his. In the end, it was a false alarm... but it woke me up.
7r17Nuu.png

"I told him we were though...
2YmyzVg.png

"He didn't take it well. He threatened me..."
zlLJ7Pf.png

"... but I'm done being intimidated by him."
FKQnbNP.png

"Well, you're away from him now," Xander said. "If you want, you can stay here, until you figure out your next move. We can put a cot in Talos's workroom or something. I'm sure Morgan will understand."

"Understand you letting your ex-wife move back in?" Elsa shook her head. "She must be a pretty remarkable woman."
78UxojZ.png

"Out of my way, Morgan," Max snarled.

"No, Max," Morgan snapped back. "You're not welcome here. Crawl back under whatever rock you came from."

"Out of my way!" Max yelled. "Or I'll put you six feet under, like I should have done when you skipped out."
AWuqY7C.png

"Goth!" Max barged into the apartment. "You think you can take from me? You can keep the red head. We used her up a while ago... but this one is mine."
zw2YLJ9.png

"Get outa here Max!" Xander yelled back. "I'm not going to let you hurt them anymore."
2fpHBcg.png

BANG

"No so tough, are you Goth-boy," Max jeered.
8wvff8L.png

"Oh God," Elsa sobbed. "Max, what have you done."
rKojsdF.png

"Max, you monster!" Morgan cried.
24ndKQj.png

"Get out, Max," Morgan demanded. "If you know what's good for you, you'll get out before the cops get here!"
1qUiFSF.png

Only, it wasn't the police Morgan called.
gp3rtcU.png

They couldn't save Xander...
D4eklko.png

... but she could.
eT9S7bO.png

"We always agreed, the nights belong to you," Morgan said sadly. "I guess... at least he'll still be..."

"Morgan, darling," Lilith replied, "it will take some time for him to become accustomed to his new life but you will see him again."
qlzoCja.png

"Sleep now, Alexander Goth," Lilith said. "When you rise, we will have much to discuss."
2LWxJwi.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...