Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 36 - Road Trip



Her old wand, gifted to her by Gwen, had been an elegant tool, which Miranda used to shape her magic. The Moonwood Wand felt like an extension of her arm, her heart and her magic. It was almost a living thing and eager to be run after its long sleep.
Mv9k9WL.png

Miranda tried to explain about the wand to the others, but she didn't think they understood.
fjbdx6Y.png

Nick's thoughts on the subject were a bit risque, which made Miranda laugh.
IXjX8fQ.png

Now that she had the wand, Miranda was ready...
0EyVjWB.png

"You know," Nick said catching up to her, "the school bus is the other way."
MTZgZR3.png

"Oh, yeah," Miranda said sheepishly. "I'm just..."

"Cuttin' school," Nick grinned. "No big... I do that all the time. School's not really my thing. So... where you goin'?"
3Pr2Ziu.png

"Ok, but it's a secret," Miranda said. "You can't tell anyone. I'm going to Glimmerbrook! I need to show my moms the wand!"
OVuHtQm.png

"Right, cool," Nick said. "So, you know how to get there?"

"Well," Miranda admitted, "no."

"So, hitchhiking to a place you've never while being hunted by vampires," Nick said.

"Well, when you put it that way it sounds dumb."

"Right," Nick nodded. "We'll take my dad's truck."

"OK," Miranda said. "Wait... we?"

"Yeah, I'm goin' with you... to keep you safe. That's the deal, right. Keep you safe."
E4F081R.png

"So, this is Henford?" Nick asked.

"Technically Finchwick," Miranda said. "I grew up here. Funny, it looks... smaller. Anyway, that friend I called should be meeting us here. He said he can help give us directions."
n0DGqS6.png

"Hi Imran."
luYjQpa.png

"Hi Imran? How about - Hey, Imran sorry for disappearing and not being in touch for months but hey, I'm not dead?" Imran laughed. "Look at you... all, not-dead!"
IIHMAnz.png

"So, how 'bout it Imran," Nick asked. "You know how to find this Glimmerbrook place? 'Cause Miranda's phone app says it ain't there... like it ain't anywhere."
OHpnHjl.png

"Which is weird, right," Imran said, "but yeah, my dad had an old atlas and I found it."
gdbrMX7.png

"Look," Imran went on, "It's already pretty late. Why don't you guys spend the night at my place? My folks won't mind. Then we can go over the maps and you can head out in the morning."
pi9qapi.png

"Well, well, well. What have we here?"
MZNZJHJ.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...