Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 39 - Starlight and Tragedy



That same night...

"Oh my God," Morgan squealed, "we're at the Starlight Accolades! I can't believe it!"

"Thanks for the invitation, Cassie," Xander said.
7eZuqzc.png

"It's Londyn!" Morgan whispered excitedly. "The entertainment news said she was a long shot for an award this year."

"You should never believes those guys," Cassie confided. "I knew she'd win."
6S9gQb3.png

"Holly Alto!" Xander sighed. "She totally deserves to win... for her work... I'm told."

"Right," Morgan muttered, "nothing to do with her daddy's... influence."
oBT5PYG.png

"Best Actress in a motion picture goes to - Cassandra Goth, Curse of the Pirate Queen."

"Cassie! Cassie won!" Morgan cheered.
JfTMz3F.png

Enjoy your little victory, Judith fumed.
FEfFlyJ.png

After the awards, Cassie emerged to the blinding flashes of cameras.
kk3PV7G.png

"I hate this part," Detective Williams muttered.
CEKLYsy.png

"Mrs Goth... Goths," he said as Cassie and Gwen broke away from the ring of reporters, "I'm Detective Williams. This is Detective Grant. We need a moment of your time."

"Yes," Cassie replied, puzzled, "what can I do for you."
JTf8iwU.png

"I'm afraid it concerned your daughter, Miranda," Detective Williams continued. "Have you heard from her this evening. Do you know where she might be?"

"Miranda?" Cassie said with growing concern, "No, I haven't. She's at school... she attends a private boarding school, Brookside Academy."
2V5ISK2.png

"Earlier this evening, we got a call from the Discotheque PanEuropa," the detective said. "A girl matching your daughter's description was seen being carried into an unmarked van by persons unknown. Seen by two girls from Brookside Academy - Shannon Charm and Elena Brujas."

"Miranda? Oh my God, Miranda!" Cassie cried. "What? How? She's supposed to be in school!"
knxheBP.png

"It seems the girls had decided to go into the city," the detective proceeded to explain what they knew, concluding by saying, "It appears that another student, Claudette Blackwood, is also missing. We've been unable to locate her family. Any information you might have on them would be helpful. We are also looking into the whereabouts of Jennifer Poole."

"Claudette? No, I'm afraid we don't know the Blackwoods, do we Gwen?" Cassie stammered, shocked.
ewl4n8k.png

"No," Gwen said, "Please is there anything more you can tell us? Who did this?"

"The investigation is ongoing," Detective Williams said.
yIg9bTu.png

"At this time, we are not certain who might be responsible," he continued. "We expect you will be contacted... with demands.
K0KFCxH.png

"We'd like to monitor you phone lines," Detective Grant added, "Our office will be in touch about setting that up."

"Oh... of course," Cassie said, "If you would excuse us... I don't know... I just..."

"Of course," the detectives nodded, understanding.
Mc3MKJU.png

Xander led the stunned women away, all of them keeping tight control in the face of the curious press.
4bQys1T.png

Control which vanished as soon as they were safely apart from the lingering crowd.
H6lXomB.png

"They know more than they're saying," Xander snarled. "I can feel it."
lbq0OFM.png

"How?" Cassie gasped. "How could this happen?"

"I... I should have seen it," Gwen stammered. "I've known something was happening, in the shadows, for months now but nothing... all I could see around Miranda was desire and confusion... her attraction to this new girl, Claudette. I didn't see a threat."
2YB0n7n.png

"I should have seen this!" Gwen sobbed.
ozAludC.png

"There's more going on here than the police can handle," Xander declared. "Let me get Morgan home, then I'll help... I'll help however I can."
vmP1KM6.png

"Thank you, little brother," Cassie said. "You know we're going to have to talk about those fangs, right?"

"Alright, Raven Witch," Xander snorted. "I'll get Morgan home, then it's cards on the table and then, together, we'll get Miranda back."
df2ufQS.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...