Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 24 - Can You Have A Normal Summer Vacation?



"I got a tan," Miranda said.

Standing with Beth on Finchwick Green, the events of the past few weeks in Tartosa seemed to Miranda like another life.

"Wow, you sure did," Beth replied. "So, did you meet anyone?"

"Oh God," Miranda sighed. "How much time to do you have?"
cOnhgQ7.png

"So I'm standing there, on that bridge, thinking that I have to say exactly the right thing," Miranda gasped. "Like somehow there is some magic word I can say to get her back safely... and I actually know magic... but I'm just terrified."
gHXuKs1.png

"Oh my God," Beth gasped. "What did you do?"

"I just said the first thing that came into my head," Miranda admitted, "and the next thing and the next. I kept talking until she started talking to me."

"But she's OK now?" Beth asked. "Because if this story doesn't have a happy ending, I'm biting you."
aiSybWl.png

"Yeah," Miranda laughed, more out of nerves than humor. "She's OK. Her parents are, like, super-cool and totally supporting her. I think she's going to be fine."

"And you?" Beth asked.

"I'm..." Miranda started. "I don't know, I'm... OK, I guess."
RNK4WBM.png

"Ok, so can you maybe have a normal summer vacation? Just once?" Beth demanded.

"Umm, define normal," Miranda puzzled.

"How about on that does not somehow involve ancient magic, supernatural wars, or life or death situations," Beth replied.
AdMGu9w.png

"OK, well, next week I'm flying with mom to Sulani for a location shoot on her latest movie," Miranda said. "That's normal right?"

"Let me get this straight," Beth blinked. "You just got back from a romantic paradise, where you fell in love, went to swanky gala and saved the girl. Now your flying out to a topical island paradise, with movie stars, to shoot a movie."
jai5aP1.png

"Right, no magic or supernatural wars involved," Miranda said hopefully. "Very low risk of life or death situations."

"I give up," Beth laughed. "Bring me back a sea shell."
pJwADbO.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...