Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 35 - To Capture Moonlight



Kristopher had agreed, reluctantly, to drive Miranda into town so she could visit her grandfather's grave.
GCruFtV.png

She needed to say her farewells...
DpPltRp.png

... and he offered her what comfort he could, knowing from long experience that grief would pass in it's own time.
jDwzkVm.png

"Please, Kristopher," Miranda pleaded, "we can't let them get away this. We have to do something."
gdH0xv0.png

"I'm sorry," Kristopher said sadly. "I promised you and your mother I would protect you, but I will not fight a war for you. It is not my way."
wRLoJGd.png

Alright, Miranda thought, it isn't your way... but I'll find my way.
rS83sNq.png

Returning to Moonwood Mill, Miranda threw herself into improving her magic.
Xj5POg2.png

Yoga helped her to focus.
Hv2fCUD.png

Beth joined in...
YEiXSMw.png

Jake... well, he tried.
u9a47vR.png

Nick stuck with what he was good at... and Miranda had to admit, it was working for him.
eVjFlNk.png

Having learned a lot from books, they turned their attention to the tunnels that ran beneath the town.
FW9FZZe.png

Jake had found references in the Journal to a hidden chamber that held relics left over from the old conflict with the vampires. Miranda was absolutely determined to find it.
M32oFjJ.png

Unfortunately, after getting lost in the dark and nearly breaking her ankle, the others were adamant that Miranda was not to go down there. If Nick hadn't gotten her out, she might not have made it on her own.
dR1IQ0o.png

He and Jake handled the searching from then on.
Rc3vg1T.png

With fall coming to a close, Beth embraced her inner domestic goddess and cooked up a feast for everyone.
YTb4sUH.png

Jake thanked her thoroughly... to everyone's amusement.
2qrmKMj.png

"Oh my God!" Miranda cried out. "Have you guys seen this?"

"What you actually have signal?"

"Not that," Miranda grinned, "though this is like the third time my phone's worked since I got here... but the news. The cops have broken up a big crime ring. They arrested a lot of important people and they're looking for Vlad Straud! He's on the run!"
iAxE6qb.png

"That's amazing," Jake said, "I don't know if that makes this better or what, but we all kinda got you something. Well, I say 'got' ... found it, really."
8aOoaQr.png

"My lord, the wards below Moonwood have been undone. They have found the wand."
D3yuSsy.png

"Good," Vlad hissed. "We approach the endgame now, Faust. Perhaps not as strongly positioned as I had planned, but the game will be mine."
XILMi7j.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...