Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 8 - A secret



S0OLWQC.png


"... they're alive!"
b8bTDzQ.png

"Gwen," Cassie woke, puzzled. "What... How... How are we alive?"
mqVccbS.png

"At the risk of sounding glib, my love... magic!" Gwen replied. "My potions are good for more than keeping us looking young and beautiful. I knew Vlad and his brood would be coming... I'd felt them lurking around the house for weeks... Eventually, he would strike. So, I prepared. My potion revived me and I was able to call you back."

"Oh my God!" Cassie gasped. "Miranda! Where's Miranda!?!"
9CTCRrN.png

"She got out," Gwen replied calmly. "She ran... and she ran. She's on the road now. The road to where she needs to go..."

"You left her!?!," Cassie leapt to her feet. "You left her alone, with those... those monsters out hunting for her!"
RAarvUz.png

"This what she needs to do," Gwen replied, unruffled, "for herself and for all our sakes."

"Enough with our mystical mumbo-jumbo," Cassie snapped. "You're not the only witch in this family, you know!"
Whb1kpz.png

L3WAum7.png

FuIO9Fk.png

gEc7o67.png

"Cassie, I love you," Gwen embraced her wife. "and I love Miranda. She's my daughter too..."
fispqqX.png

"... but we can't be with her now," Gwen continued. "Alone, with us gone, Vlad won't see her as a threat... any more than he did me when I was her age. If we went to her now, he's come for us all... and I might be ready next time. Miranda is on the road to where she needs to be. It's time for us to do the same."
ASctVDD.png

"Where?" Cassie asked.

"I'm taking you to meet my mother, at last."

"Gwen... your mom's dead."

"So?"
c1l0sqU.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...