Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 15 - A Date



OK, Mariah told herself. You can do this. You're not doing anything wrong. Crap! What am I doing? I can't do this.
Mh6wSFQ.png

Deep breath, she told herself. Today, you can do this. You are strong. You are confident. You are not doing anything wrong.

"Miranda... do you want to go out with me? On a date... like a real... Oh... Yes? Umm, OK. Great. Tonight... at Celebrazioni? I'll meet you there!"

I did it!
r1A3PAi.png

"Wow, you came," Mariah laughed nervously, "I mean... Hi!"

"Well, yeah," Miranda grinned. "If you hadn't asked me, I was going to ask you."
Df2R9MY.png

"It's funny isn't it," Miranda continued. "All the time we spend together, and this is our first official date."

"Yeah," Mariah grinned to cover her nerves.
LCu18fA.png

"... and Tomi's dad was all 'blah blah blah," Mariah said.
v8xCUKk.png

"I don't know what his problem is..."
ApaJWZT.png

"He's always getting on my case. Like it's my fault his daughter is such a slut ... I didn't even say she was one. I mean, just because I maybe mentioned that I saw her out with that boy who totally wasn't Angelo..."
PnNOlvX.png

"Ugh, it just makes me so mad so made sometimes."
1UXYZii.png

"Crap, I'm sorry," Mariah sighed. "We're supposed to be having fun and I'm just complaining about stuff."

"It's OK," Miranda smiled. "I get it. Besides, I kinda like listening to your problems. They're different than mine."

"I just want us to have a nice evening," Mariah said.

"I'm with you, so I am having a nice evening," Miranda said.

"That's so corny," Mariah replied. "Why does it make me smile?"
u9kkpRs.png

"... and now I find out my mom's hosting this big charity gala thing in a few nights," Miranda said. "I guess it's one of the reasons the studio wanted us to come out to Tartosa."

"Oh that," Mariah nodded. "Yeah, Londyn has to show up for that every year."
2oO0ApY.png

"So, will you come?" Miranda asked.

"Um, what?"

"You know, be my date to the gala," Miranda said. "I mean, I don't think I could stand sitting through it alone."
rOwyXnd.png

"OK, that's..." Mariah struggled to catch her breath. "Wow... no one ever asked me to a gala before."

"So... yes?"
CUBGtci.png

"Yes!" Mariah said, her eyes bright as she kissed Miranda's hands.

"Are you OK?" Miaranda asked.
lN4P5CU.png

"It's just... you asked me out," Mariah smiled, "to a gala."

"Well, I said if you hadn't asked me out first I was going to," Miranda said.

But you really meant it, Mariah thought to herself.
SX5Vu9w.png

"So," Mariah said, "this is like supposed to be the most romantic spot in all Tartosa. Lot's of tourists come her to take pictures and stuff. Want to?"

"Sure."
1pYaNQa.png

"I'm very much in favor of pictures," Miranda said.
4YlJGrY.png

"... and stuff."
dcTkIP5.png

She really likes me, Mariah thought. She really does and I really, really like her. Everything feels right, here in her arms. Kissing her, feels so right. It's not wrong. It's not. It's... not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...