Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 23 - Don Investigates



"Mr. Lothario," the detective said. "My name is Williams and this is Detective Grant. We'd just like to clear up a few points with you about the death of Olivia Kim-Lewis."

"Sure," Don said, uncertain. "I don't know what I can tell you..."
AuLhGqe.png


"You were in a relationship with Ms. Kim-Lewis, isn't that right?" Detective Williams asked. "You had a date at a club in the city, the night of her death?"

"Yeah," Don nodded. "That's right."
fyvBS47.png

"It was a good date?"

"Yeah, it was a pretty good date," Don said.
b2wwryy.png

"Now why are you lying to us, Don?" Detective Grant asked fiercely.

"It wasn't a good date, was it?" Grant continued. "In fact, witnesses saw you two arguing that night."
oFl0FXx.png

"I broke up with her, OK," Don groaned. "She was getting all serious... talking about weddings and stuff. I'm... I'm just not that kind of guy. So, I broke up with her... and then she went home and someone murdered her. I didn't... I didn't want to tell people I left her the night she got killed."
BoS4B7C.png

"You're exes have bad luck, don't they Don?" Detective Grant said. "Olivia's dead. Cassandra's dead."

"Cassie and I broke up a long time ago, man," Don said. "We... wha' do call it... reconciled. You know, for Miranda's sake. Cassie and I get along... got along... OK."

"Did you know Olivia was investigating the disappearance of Cassandra and Miranda Goth," Detective Williams asked, "and Gwen Silveroak-Goth?"

"Maybe she was looking into things you didn't want her to," Detective Grant snarled.

"What?" Don said, puzzled. "No, I... I didn't know."
mDl0a7t.png

Olivia was investigating what happened to Cassie and Gwen? She'd been looking for Miranda? Maybe... Don thought. Maybe she found a clue to what happened.
e7LPD1m.png

OK, I'm a horrible boyfriend and rotten father, but maybe... maybe I can find a clue too. Those cops sure don't know anything but what if Liv did. How would she have found out? Liv wasn't a detective. She was a reporter. She was great at asking people questions. She could get someone to spill there whole life for a story.
ZbdTObX.png

Well... asking questions is just talking.
bUvvAhm.png

I can talk to people...
yqsDqRE.png

People, well, women, like to talk to me... and stuff...
tw2GBEX.png

So, what do I know? Well, Cecilia is really...

Focus! About Miranda... Cecilia said she remembered some strange guys hanging around the woods at night. They scared her. She had nightmares about pale men coming into her house, hurting her... Something really weird is going on.

Man, I'm getting all spooky... thinking about Cassie and her ghosts and stuff. I'm tired... maybe I shouldn't have stayed so late with Cecilia. Heh... right... get some sleep, figure it out in the morning.
uFQgo9a.png

The door was no barrier...
DK23peO.png

His mind was weak...
qi4EFkY.png

His blood was hot...
ihH4aE2.png

"Phone," Don gasped, staggering. The room spun. "Where's my phone... gotta... get... help..."
ocbtLkw.png

Miranda... Sorry kid, I tried.
tFNPWho.png

"My lord, Don Lothario will no longer be a problem for us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...