Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 27 - An Unexpected Offer



That evening, in the lobby of the Sapphire Shores Hotel...

"Cassandra dah'ling," Judith drawled, "We have a little problem and I'm hoping you can help."

"Oh, what's that?" Cassie replied cautiously.
2msQ5h6.png

"That charming boy, what's-his-name," Judith continued, "you know that one who plays your Cabin Boy... well, it turns out, on his way to the airport, the poor dear meet with a horrible accident."

"My God," Cassie said, shocked, "is he going to be all right?"

"Oh I haven't the faintest clue, dah'ling," Judith replied failing to hide her slight grin.
baq53bD.png

"But you see," she went on, "the studio is positively scrambling to find someone to replace him and fly them out here in time for the location shoot."

"I'm sure," Cassie answered coolly, "but I don't know how I can help."
EWlvrQa.png

"Oh didn't I say?" Judith beamed. "I wondered if dear Miranda could play the role."

"What?" Cassie actually laughed out loud.
KDOtVD8.png

"Well, it's just a small part," Judith said, "hardly any lines and you've said in the past how you will run lines with her sometimes. Of course, if you don't think she'd be up to it..."

"I'll ask her if she'd be interested," Cassie replied, smiling back at the challenge in Judith's eyes.
7wGSCP2.png

Elsewhere in the hotel, another offer was being made...

"I just thought we could get to know each other a little better," Zayne said. "You know, I can be quite... supportive... of the careers of my friends."
fK5BzxF.png
"Ummm... I'm sorry but the answer's no, Zayne," Jenny winced. "I just... I can't."

"Heh," Zayne chuckled, "No, no... that's... fine."
WETuobM.png

Oh God, Jenny thought, what did I just do? But I couldn't... Miranda and Cassie are always saying I shouldn't have to do... that... to get ahead. I couldn't disappoint them.
FAdJ9oj.png

Later that night...

Judith is up to something, Cassie thought as she looked out over the star lit ocean. I just don't know what. I need to keep an eye on Miranda... but I also need to tell her about the role. She should decide for herself.
zMU36jU.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...