Friday, October 21, 2022

Chapter 40 - Mystical Avenues

 Cassie couldn't get past the shock that this was happening. For the second time in two years, her daughter was lost. No, not lost this time. Taken! 


 Gwen, she knew, was searching for her even now... but that meant she didn't know. She hadn't seen this. How could that be? Gwen's Sight had never failed her before.


 Think, Cassie told herself. I'm always saying Gwen isn't the only witch in this family. So, she isn't the only one with mystical avenues to explore!

 She was Cassandra Goth, the Raven Witch. The secrets of the Netherworld were open to her. 



"I don't understand it," Gwen cried. "There 've always been things I couldn't see. Places I couldn't look into... but I've never... never... not been able to see you or Miranda. It hasn't always been clear. Lately things have been clouded - Miranda's confusion about this new girl. Your conflict with Judith. - but now it's as if someone's drawn a curtain over my Sight."



"My sweet Gwen," Cassie sighed, "You're not used to being as helpless as the rest of us. Someone is blocking us. Throwing up barriers we can't see past. While you were meditating, I reached out to the spirits. They couldn't find her either... where ever she is, it's shielded from our magic."



"... but she's alive Gwen. They could tell me that, at least. She's alive and we will find her!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...