Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 13 - Trouble



Looking back, Miranda was pretty sure everything started to get really complicated a few days after the full moon.

(Though, really, when your life involves hiding out with a pack of werewolves, in an effort to escape from the vampires who attacked your family of witches, "really complicated" is a matter of perspective.)

Despite Miranda's insistence that Kristopher had explained everything and Jake shouldn't worry about what happened on the night of the full moon, he was still acting really sulky about frightening her.

To be fair, she couldn't honestly bring herself to say that she hadn't been freaked out...
5OuJE2o.png

She was still a little freaked out about the whole werewolf thing but, really, she was dealing with it. He didn't need to feel guilty about being who he was.

"I just don't want you to think we're monsters," Jake said sadly. "I don't want you to be afraid of us... of me."

"Really," Miranda smiled. "It's OK. I like you, Jake."
wXEcvHr.png

Woah, Miranda thought. That was unexpected!
BttVlL5.png

After that, things were a little awkward...
M1vXpOG.png

Yeah, really subtle Jake, Miranda thought. Not complaining though.
n2WYXXf.png

Yeah, really not complaining... except... maybe... Woah! Hands! Hands in new places!
XU9Lmpb.png

Things were getting confusing for Jake too...
ZyQOnwU.png

He really liked Miranda. She was beautiful and funny and there was something intoxicating about her scent that made it hard to think around her...
5OYuCZQ.png

... but what about Beth. She was one of his best friends but lately he'd felt strangely drawn to her... almost pulled, like the pull of the moon.
eUrNHkN.png

But she was Beth! She was Nick's sister... and he and Nick were buds! Maybe he should talk to Nick... but he couldn't talk to him about Beth! And he couldn't talk about Miranda because he was afraid if he did, he'd end up talking about Beth too. No, better not to say anything.
S61gdem.png

Nick wasn't confused at all. He very clear on the fact that Miranda was hot and he wanted to get to know her better.
XrvjYPm.png

A lot better.
deJQafr.png

Miranda though Nick was funny and charming. When he suggested going down to the lake for a swim, she thought it would be fun.
DLGnPF3.png

... and it was. Laughing and splashing in the water.
6Yci7A7.png

Woah! Kissing! ... and Hands! Hands! That's my butt!
 
Maybe I need to find a swimsuit my size, the tiny rational part of Miranda's mind suggested, and stop swimming in my underwear.
ecaKfT1.png

"Oh Lily, what am I going to do?" Miranda sobbed. "I mean... Jake is a friend and he's nice... and I think he's cute, but we should just be friends... and then he's kissing me! And Nick is like, his best friend, and Beth's brother... but he's all funny and charming. We should all be friends... and then he's kissing me! ... and what is it about grabbing my butt? ... I don't want to lead them on... but I really like them both... and their werewolves! Let's not forget that! Oh, what am I going to do?"
nMp0LQT.png

Lily's response wasn't exactly what Miranda was expecting.
RLufbcj.png

"Oh, deary, I do like you," Lily laughed. "but I'm afraid you kids are going to have to work this one out on your own... but think about this (if you can) - what's really important?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...