Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 21 - Creatures of the Night



Xander was happy to have a bright, charming lady like Morgan as a new neighbor.
8pVc2Yg.png

It was terrific to have a friend he could sit and watch TV with...
YmbhGDM.png

... someone to talk to after a hard days work.
vCcc2lG.png

They quickly grew closer.
wkbLs98.png

Of course, he was close to Lilith too...
M4AYjaY.png

Really, as much as Xander might have wanted to believe otherwise, that night was inevitable.

"Oh hey, Lilith," Xander said, trying to cover his panic. "Lilith... this is... is my neighbor... Morgan."

"Yes, dear" Lilith purred.
tkuRBQB.png

"Morgan, I'm so pleased to finally met you," Lilith continued, her voice soft and smooth, like silk over razor sharp steel. "I know we have things in common... things that we should discuss."

"Yeah, I think you've got that right," Morgan replied.

"Xander, dear, why don't we all go inside," Lilith smiled.
CeG4vUW.png

"Heh, heh... well this is... nice," Xander shifted uncomfortably. "You know, I should check on Talos. He's having some circuit problems. I'll be right back... yeah..."

"Of course, dear," Lilith purred.

"Yeah, do that," Morgan agreed.
rfZcu3k.png

"So...," Lilith said, "we should discuss this."

"Sure," said Morgan. "Let's start with - you're a vampire. I noticed the fangs."

Lilith laughed, "Oh, you are delightful! I've taken Xander's blood and he still doesn't acknowledge what I am."

"You're not the first one I've met," Morgan replied. "I know what you are and what you can do..."

"... and still so defiant," Lilith purred.

"Hey, you might be some hot-shit creature of the night," Morgan shot back, "but I ran with Max V and his Renegades for more than ten years... doing some things I still have nightmares about... and I got out! I've seen scarier things than you... and I've got a baseball bat by the door if they ever come calling."

"Oh Morgan, I do like you," Lilith smiled.
X35kw4x.png

"I'm dead, buddy," Xander muttered to his broken down robot. "I mean... what was I thinking? I'm dead."
aHY44qr.png

"You're serious," Morgan was surprised by what Lilith was proposing.

"Why not," the vampire replied. "I'm in no position to make a claim on Xander's days... and like I said, I like you. What do you think?"

"Share a guy with a vampire," Morgan mused. "Yeah... still not the most messed up relationship I've had. I'm game to give it a try... on one condition - if it doesn't work out, you don't eat me."

Lilith laughed, "Agreed."

"You think he'll go for it," Morgan grinned.

"Dear, he'd be a fool not to."
GZTAcd0.png

Xander thought he was prepared for whatever it was he would face when he finally dared to return to the living room. He was wrong.
RpTuVag.png

"Umm... I... What?" Xander stammered.

"It's simple," Lilith grinned. "Morgan gets your days and the night belong to me."
xTR1f97.png

"Did... did this just happen?" Xander stammered.

"Go with it," Morgan grinned.
ZewJQa1.png

After a horrible summer, Xander thought, the future was looking bright.

"Lilith... always so sentimental."
755WbwD.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...