Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 39 - Welcome to Glimmerbrook



The sign said Welcome to Glimmerbrook. Despite it's absence from any map, and the GPS's insistence that there wasn't a road here much less a town, the teens felt no sense of victory upon reaching their goal. The loss of Nick hung heavily over all of them.
oAYtll1.png

"Why don't you guys freshen up," Miranda said.
djLypZR.png

"I'll ask for directions."
aXsdwND.png
"Mein Gott, are you not Miranda Silveroak-Goth?" the stranger seemed extremely excited.
uizZiw1.png

"Ummm..." she stammered.

"Forgive me," the stranger continued. "My name is Professor John Faust. Though we have never met, I have a long acquaintance with the Silveroak family."
HG8BO4J.png

"Please, sit with me," Professor Faust continued. "Do you enjoy chess?"
OYjjMCK.png

"We were, of course, all devastated to hear about the attack on your family... and we feared for your safety. Where have you been all these months?"
M1nlLHP.png

"Eh... if you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about it," Miranda replied.

"No, of course," Professor Faust nodded kindly. "Forgive me. It is just such a gift to find you well... and here, in Glimmerbrook."
r8bQJeL.png

Miranda considered the Professor, then said, "I... I understand my family, I mean the Silveroaks, had a house here in Glimmerbrook. I was hoping..."

"Of course," he smiled, "Glimmerbrook Watch has long been in the Silveroak family and now, naturally, it would belong to you."
YirjB7V.png

"I would be more than happy to show you the way, you and your friends."
tTmqNQv.png

"There is just one thing I must do first," the Professor said.
o4PuGRy.png

"What?" Miranda gasped.

"Ah, she makes a very good statue," he laughed. "The frog, I admit, is a little on point but I couldn't resist. Oh and Count Vladislaus Straud sends his regards."
L2y9EYj.png

"You bastard!" Miranda shouted, the Moonwood Wand in her hand almost without thought.
flNJfiz.png

"Very good, my dear," Faust grinned. "Now let me show how a real sorcerer duels!"
FCs7hbu.png

"Oh," Miranda snarled, the power of the rising moon surging through her. "You mean like this!"
82QmFIH.png

"Or THIS!"
bYcOGXX.png

"Well done Miranda," Gwen appeared in a flash of light.
WDpgfce.png

"Now John," she added. "Why don't your FORGET."
RjCxFZz.png

"Hello dear," Gwen smiled. "I had hoped to meet you but I only just got word you had arrived."
CljZHuL.png

"Gwen!" Miranda sobbed, throwing her arms around her.
bpRFXPe.png

"Oh," Gwen sighed. "My poor girl. My poor, poor girl."
4li1m49.png

Tears pouring down her face, Miranda told Gwen what had happened... finding the wand, her decision to come to Glimmerbrook, Nick's death.
ClXzv6o.png

"Now Beth and Jake have been turned into... well, this," she continued, "and it's all my fault."
OQakMKZ.png

"It's not your fault," Gwen said, "and Beth and Jake will be fine. See."
MhewNOs.png

"Frog!" Jake gasped. "I was a frog! I think I ate a bug!"
IQWhpoT.png

"It takes a moment, but you'll be alright," Gwen reassured them.
BtetTrk.png

"I ate a bug," Jake moaned. "I'm a vegetarian."

"Oh," Gwen rubbed his arm in gentle support.
eI065Yr.png

"Welcome, friends... to Glimmerbrook Watch."
vrRkeMX.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...