Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Chapter 21 - Monsters



"Let the bond of your hearts guide you. Go to her."

D8oq764.png

"Miranda?" Mariah blinked though her tears. "What are you doing here? How did you find me?"

"Magic," Miranda replied, "and I was worried about you. Everyone's worried about you."
B5nEuYP.png

"You should leave," Mariah moaned. "You're better off without me. The whole world would be better off without me!"

"Don't say that!" Miranda yelled back. "Don't even think that!"
upQnDac.png

"It's true!" Marah snapped.
P8np4fG.png

"Just get away from me, Miranda," Mariah sobbed as she fled. "Leave me alone!"
I5x1aFb.png

"No," Miranda replied.
WHKOZYE.png

"OK, the magic thing is totally cheating!" Mariah yelled.
fzqgrr7.png

"So stop running away and talk to me!" Miranda demanded. "First we make love, then you break up with me, then you disappear and I find you standing over a waterfall talking about the world being better off without you! Let me tell you something, Mariah... the world has different ideas about that!"
ElHKcQk.png

"Don't you understand" Mariah sobbed, "it was wrong. What I did was wrong!"

"Loving me was wrong?!" Miranda threw back at her.

"Yes. No!" Mariah stammered. "I shouldn't have... I'm..."
LzkStfh.png

"You're what?" Miranda demanded.

"I'm sick!" Mariah gasped. "I'm sick and wrong... my God, I gave you that serum. That's why you... You never would have done it if I hadn't."
0xfExVj.png

"Ok, the serum was probably a dumb thing," Miranda allowed, "that we both did. You didn't force me to do anything. I had been thinking about us being together like that for days. I totally would have done it last night, with or without the dumb serum. Because I wanted to. Because I love you!"
WxlsBs3.png

"You can't love me," Mariah sighed. "I'm a monster."
MvFNztW.png

"Mariah," Miranda felt suddenly, strangely calm, "you're not a monster. I know monsters. I've looked into the eyes of monsters. I've felt a monster's breath on my face. Felt him rip into me and watched my own blood drip from his fangs. I've faced monsters. I've fought monsters. Mariah, you are not a monster."

"Then what am I?"
OXpAwoh.png

"You're the girl I love. Please come home."
pxDCQJ5.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 2 - Curious Curios

Main Street, Rangerville, Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 8:20 PM As Molly's feet pounded against the dusty sidewalk, she realized she felt pretty...