Thursday, October 27, 2022

Chapter 49 - The Witness

 "Oh God, oh shit, oh God," Jenny panted as she ran through the dark square. "Where am I?"

"Here kitty, kitty, kitty," Max called out, chuckling, "Where you goin' sweatheart?"


 "Got ya'," Max laughed lunging at her.

"Get off you bastard!" Jenny shouted.


 "You heard the lady," Xander roared, diving into the fray.


 With a violent blow, Max managed to throw Xander off long enough to break free.

"Screw this," the gangster snarled, beating a hasty retreat. "I'm out here."


 ________________

"Ahhhh!" Jenny screamed. "Oh God, you're a vampire. Please, please don't kill me," she pleaded. "I'll do anything... I mean, seriously, anything... weird, twisted, whatever you want... just don't kill me."


 "Woah, hey, it's OK," Xander said gently. "I'm... I'm a nice vampire. I'm Xander... Xander Goth... Cassie's brother... here to rescue you. "

"You... you are?" Jenny panted. "Oh God, can we just forget all that stuff I just said."


 "Yeah, sure, fine," Xander nodded. "Let's just get you safe... Besides, I wouldn't... I mean I... I'm married... and I'm in a serious relationship... OK, the relationship might be a little rocky right now, but the marriage is great."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...