Thursday, October 27, 2022

Chapter 47 - Defiant

 "I've done everything you asked!" Claudette shouted. "I believed in you, in the cause. I've given you everything.... my magic, my heart, my body... but not this! Not this!"

"Fool child," Faust snarled. "This is what is required! Blood is the price of victory... today, the blood of Miranda Goth."


 "No!" Claudette cried. "I won't allow it!"


 "Allow it?" Faust laughed, "You can't hope to challenge me."


 "You shouldn't have sent me to Brookside, Father..."

"... I learned things there!"


 "Defiant," Faust scoffed. "I've had many children... and they are always defiant..."


 "... and always a disappointment..."


 "You are nothing, child. You can't challenge me." 


 "If you're done beating up teenagers, John," Gwen said. "I'll give you challenge."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...