Thursday, December 1, 2022

Tartosan Summer - Morning After

 The warm sun was rising on another cloudy morning in Tartosa as Miranda and Mariah sat together on the villa's porch.

"So," Miranda said carefully, "the morning after... Uhhh, please don't take this wrong but you're not going to freak out on me, are you?"

"Freak out about?" Mariah asked, with equal care.

 "Well," Miranda said gently, "that was our second... time... and, you know, after our first... you kind of freaked out, ran away... the whole 'edge of the bridge' thing." 

"Oh," Mariah blinked, genuinely surprised. Then she smiled, "No... not going to freak out. It's taken me some time, some therapy... also a lot of yelling early on and the occasional supportive kick in the butt from Londyn and Danielle... but I'm in a better place. I've still got work to do but I'm getting there. Lesbian and proud!"

 "Oh good," Miranda sighed, "that's good. I was... well, I'm glad. I know we'd talked about it... the therapy I mean. OK, and the other stuff... but I..."

"You were worried," Mariah said. "Mia amata, it's OK. Also 'the other stuff' ... is called sex."

"I know that," Miranda blushed. "I just... you know..."

"You are so funny sometimes," Mariah said. 

"You know, I was worried about you too," Mariah continued.

"About me," Miranda looked puzzled.

"Do you have nightmares like that a lot?' Mariah asked softly.

"It's... it's nothing," Miranda's reply was quick, breathless. "It's just a dream."

"Have you talked to anyone about it?" Mariah said gently.

"It's just a dream," Miranda repeated. "It's nothing."


 "OK," Mariah nodded. "but if you want to talk... about anything... I'm here. Or... you know... have you considered, maybe talking to a therapist yourself."

"What," Miranda blinked, "No... why? I mean... I don't mean... It's not a bad thing... therapy... but I..."

"It's OK," Mariah said, "I get it... but you've been through a lot in the past couple of years. Big, serious stuff. Talking to someone might help."

"Yeah, well," Miranda sighed, "my 'big, serious stuff' involves vampires, werewolves, and ancient magic... I'm thinking your average shrink wouldn't believe me..."

"Maybe," Mariah nodded, "or maybe not. Anyway, it's just a thought. It's really helped me, so..."

"I..." Miranda stammered, "thank you. I mean it, I do... I'm just not... not yet. Maybe... but not yet."

 They sat quietly for a while before Mariah finally said, "So, if it clears up later, you want to hit the beach?"

"Yes," Miranda nodded. "Yes, please."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...