Monday, November 28, 2022

Tartosan Summer - Arrival

 "Smell that sea air," Cassie grinned. "I love it here."

"It is nice," Gwen agreed.

 "Why is always cloudy the first few days?" Miranda wondered.

 "Anyway, you guys should go unpack," Miranda continued.

"Oh... Mariah will be here soon," Gwen smiled.

"Yes," Miranda said, "and I don't want you embarrassing me. So shoo."

"It's so good to see you," Miranda sighed as she embraced her girlfriend at last.

"I missed you," Mariah replied.

 "God," Miranda smiled, "we've talk so much on the phone... now you're here and I don't know what to say." 

"Don't worry about it," Mariah said. "I'm just glad to be with you... so I can keep you out of trouble."

"I... I haven't gotten into trouble... lately," Miranda stammered.

"Oh no," Mariah gave her a look, "hooked up with any big-bubbled actresses?"

"Jenny is a friend," Miranda said firmly, "I've never hooked up with her."

"Right," Mariah hid a grin, "instead you go down on some little blonde strega." 

"I... we didn't... I mean, we did... but I didn't do that!" Miranda groaned, "and I said I was sorry... and it was a spell!"

"I'm teasing you," Mariah said, "but you definitely need someone to keep you out of trouble."

"Right, and you're perfect for the job," Miranda said, "because you never get into trouble."

"I don't get into trouble," Mariah countered. "I make trouble. There's a difference."

"Did you really sneak a llama into your school auditorium?" Miranda asked.

"No," Mariah laughed. "It was a goat. Where would I get a llama?"

"So," Miranda looked into Mariah's eyes.

"So," Mariah looked back.

 "Here we are," Miranda said, "together."

"Si mia amata," Mariah whispered.


 "Mom," Miranda called out, "We're going upstairs to... talk. Don't wait dinner or anything."

"We have a lot of catching up to do."



 

1 comment:

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...