Monday, February 13, 2023

Chapter 23 - Can We Pretend

Can We Pretend by Pink

I remember conversations / We were dancing up on tables
Taking pictures / When we had nowhere to post
 
You were laughing / I was crying / We were dancing, we were dying 
Sometimes I don't know how we walked away
 
If I'm honest what I liked / Were the things we didn't know
Every morning, every night / I'll be beating down your doorJust to tell you what I'm thinking / But you'd already knowScrew this, I don't wanna let it go
 
So can we pretend? / That I'm twenty-two today
Dancing on the tables with you / Oh yeah 
Can we pretend? / That we all end up okay I just want to forget with you / Oh yeah
 
Can we pretend? / That we both like the presidentCan we pretend? / That I really like your shoes / Hell yeahCan we pretend? / 'Cause honestly reality it bores me Let's pretend / Oh let's make believeCan we? / Can we pretend?
 
Can we pretend?
 
I remember what we wanted / What we'd never take for granted 
How our daddy issues took us to LA
 
If I'm honest what I miss / Is not knowing what to sayAnd the feeling of your lips / And it haunts me every dayWhen you'd tell me what you're thinking / But I'd already knowScrew this, I don't wanna let it go
 
So can we pretend? / That I'm twenty-two today 
Dancing on the tables with you / Oh yeah
Can we pretend? / That we all end up okayI just want to forget with you / Oh yeah
 
Can we pretend? / We both like the way it is / Hell yeahCan we pretend? / That we like these fake-ass dudes / Oh yeah 
Can we pretend? / 'Cause honestly reality it bores me 
Let's pretend / Oh let's make believeCan we? / Can we pretend?
 
Can we pretend?
 
If I'm honest what I liked / Were the things we didn't knowEvery morning, every night / I'll be beating down your doorJust to tell you what I'm thinking / But you'd already knowScrew this, I don't wanna let it go
 
So can we pretend? / That we both like the president ha haCan we pretend? / That you like my fake-ass shoes / Oh yeahCan we pretend? / 'Cause honestly reality it bores meLet's pretend / Oh let's make believeCan we? / Can we pretend?
 
Can we pretend?
 
Can we pretend? / Can we? / Let's make believeCan we? / Can we?Can we pretend? / 'Cause honestly reality it bores meLet's pretend / Oh let's make believeCan we? / Can we pretend?
 Honestly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...