Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Tartosan Summer - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues

On the terrace outside, with the music and chatter of the gala a whisper behind them, Mariah watched as Miranda took a deep breath.

"I love it here," Miranda sighed. "The sea air, the moonlight... it's so beautiful."

"Yes, you are," Mariah whispered.

"What?" Miranda asked.

"Yes, it is," Mariah nodded, blushing faintly.

"Thank you for getting me out of there," Miranda smiled, coming over to her. "If one more person said how grown up I look while trying to sneak a peek at my boobs, I was going to scream."

"Well, you do look very... grown up," Mariah grinned.

Miranda groaned.

"What did you want to talk about?" she asked.

"What?" Mariah froze. Not the right time, she thought before hastily saying, "No, nothing... I just wanted to get you to myself."

"Oh," Miranda smiled a little sadly. "Well, you've got me. What are you going to do with me?"

"Never stop kissing you," Mariah breathed.

"I like that plan," Miranda sighed, leaning into her. 

Their time together was almost over, Miranda thought as they kissed. Soon, much too soon, they would be parted again... but tonight... tonight they had each other.

______________________

I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues - Elton John

… Don't wish it away
Don't look at it like it's forever
Between you and me I can honestly say
That things will only get better

… And while I'm away
Dust out the demons inside
And it won't be long before you and me run
To the place in our hearts where we hide
 
And I guess that's why they call it the bluesTime on my hands should be time spent with youLaughing like children, living like loversRolling like thunder under the coversAnd I guess that's why they call it the blues

 … Just stare into spacePicture my face in your handsLive for each second without hesitationAnd never forget I'm your girl

Wait on me girlCry in the night if it helpsBut more than ever I simply love youMore than I love life itself
 
And I guess that's why they call it the bluesTime on my hands should be time spent with youLaughing like children, living like loversRolling like thunder under the coversAnd I guess that's why they call it the blues

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...