Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Short Story - Embracing Fate, pt 1

 "So, you made it through winter without any major drama," Beth grinned.

 "I have no idea what you're talking about" Miranda replied, feigning lofty disdain.

 "Of course not," Beth laughed. 

 
 "Anyway, it's my turn to have big news," she continued. "I'm getting married!"

 "What?" Miranda gasped. "Married? You and Jake?"

 "No, me a superstar Throne Bailey," Beth laughed. "Yes, me and Jake!"

 "Oh my God!" Miranda cheered. "Let's go inside. You have to tell me everything!"

 _____________________________________

"He was so romantic," Beth said, "He even got down on knee."

 "Wow," Miranda sighed, "but... I mean, aren't you guys kind of young? I mean, you're my age."

 "Maybe," Beth laughed, "but I don't think so. I mean, we're of age now and we're fated for each other. Why wait. Besides, Jake really wants to start a family so..."

 "A family?" Miranda gasped. "Wait... you're not... are you?"


  "No," Beth laughed, "Not yet anyway. Not for want of trying..."

 "... and trying..."

 "... and really, really trying." 

"Oh my God," Miranda said, eyes wide. "I mean... with Jake... What's it like?"

  "You want details?" Beth grinned.

 "What?" Miranda blushed. "No. Maybe. I mean, kinda..."

 Beth leaned in, whispering.


 "Oh my," Miranda stammered. "He... and you... I mean... in... oh, my."

 "Please, you've messed around with literally twice as many people as I have," Beth said.

 "Well... I mean... two," Miranda countered, "and they weren't... you know... guys. We didn't... I mean..."

 "You are so cute when you get flustered." Beth laughed.

 "OK, serious time... I have something important to ask you," Beth added. "Will you be my maid of honor?"

 "Your... yes... Yes!" Miranda grinned. "This is so great."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangerville Mystery - Ch 3 - Friends and Neighbors

FutureTech Labs, Rangerville, Thursday, May 6th, 2021, 7:20 PM "I think, if we really have overcome the feedback issue, we've got i...